Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January UFO club 2013

Last Saturday a group of my quilting girls came over and we started (or really continued) our UFO club.  For those of you who don't know a UFO in quilting is an UnFinished Object. Last year I had 53 projects on my list. Mind you a few of them were my Grandmas' that she never finished.  I was able to cross off almost 2/3's of the list!  Yay!



This year I catergorized my UFO's a bit different.  I have a list of just UFO's, then projects I started in 2012 and never finished and then quilts that just need to be quilted.  Like I did on my other blog, I will post this list once a month and cross off things so you can see my progress. I will also show you pictures of the projects too!  It's all about eye candy right? :) Perhaps I'll be able to get pics of the other girls projects too!

Official UFO list
1. Vintage Valentine
2. Queen and her court
3. Circle of Friends
4. Polka dot garden
5. Hocusville
6. Farm Fresh
7. Strawberry baskets
8. Civil Chronicals
9. America yo yo's
11. Seasons of baskets stitchery
12. Holiday redwork
13. Americana Baltimore
14. Winter Wonderland
15. Christmas yo-yos

To Be Quilted projects:
1. Star Spangled Celebration
2. Round Robin (guild)
3. General Wives
4. Seasons monthly
5. Crazy Jack

Projects started in 2012 and not finished
1. Shabby fabric houses
2. Red and white stars (guild 2012-13 bom)
3. Prarie Flowers
4. Women of Courage
5. Blessings of Autumn
6. Blessings of Sprin
7. Witches Hooray
8. Mystery quilt 2012 (tuesday class)
9. Joy of Christmas stitchery
10. Halloween Cat and hat
11. Temecula 12 days of Christmas
12. Christmas blessings
13. Hearthside snowman
14. snowball snowman primitive
15. snow folks stitchery
16. Primitive snowmen (buttermilk basin)

The UFO girls and I meet every first Saturday of the month and sew and chat.  We are only allowed to sew on an UFO project and it's at that time we can cross off things on our list.  But the project needs to be finished.  Quilted and bound. (label optional)  Although having labels on quilts are really great and useful.  It's nice reading the label on a quilt that you made or a friend or loved one made.  Seeing when they made it, who made it, and what the pattern it was.


So for January, I was able to cross off the Shabby Houses and the Joy of Christmas stitchery. Next month I could have 3 or more crossed off. :)  When it's cold and rainy and you just want to stay home, there's plenty of time to just sew!

~Chrys

No comments:

Post a Comment