Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas joy

It's beginning to look like Christmas.....well not so much here in my neck of the woods.  I can't even tell you how many years it's been since I last saw a white Christmas. (sigh)  The boys are counting down the days til they get to open their presents.  It's getting harder and harder to shop now for James as he's turning into a pre-teen. Andrew on the other hand....get him another lego set and he's happy!

I'm enjoying the Christmas break with the boys and Mark off for the next week and a half.  We don't have much planned, just a lot of time at home, spending it together.  I have been done with all my Christmas gifts since Thanksgiving and have now been working on other sewing things.  (a few for even next few Christmas's) :)



I know fall is over with, but I needed to share this with you.  This is a candlemat I made a few months ago.  I love all the wool pumpkins at the bottom. :)


Here is a wool candlemat of holly leaves.  I whipped this up over a weekend last month.
Another candlemat but with a cute folk art snowman and tree on it.  The original pattern was done in Christmas colors, I wanted something to keep up through the month of January.
How about this adorable row of snowmen!  I just love this little quilt!  It sits on a primitive cupboard in my master bath.


A long snowman!  I loved this pattern so much that I had to make two of them!  The brighter green one is for my friend Aubri and the other one is for me.


And the last share for today is this holly tablemat/runner.  I saw this pattern on Etsy and just had to make it, especially in these colors!  It's a Chrismas project, but goes so well in a primitive home.   And this was my first challenge for myself to put a cheddar and blue together.

~Chrys

1 comment:

  1. I have recently joined the prim yahoo group that you are new too and thought I'd come and see your blog. Looks like we like the same things!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete