Saturday, December 29, 2012

More Christmas finishes

This was the year for a lot of handmade gifts.  I love making things for my friends and loved ones and I know  most if not all really love them as well. :)    Of course there are the occasional people who don't "get" homemade, but if they want that sweater from Macys...well ok then.    I so enjoy getting the homemade gifts, whether it be a holiday decoration, quilt or stitchery, or food.  I just know that a lot of thought went into the gift.

For my dear mother in-law I made this Baltimore quilt.  It took me a few years to do all the applique.  It was all done by needle-turn. I did change up one of the blocks.  My friends and I couldn't figure out how to do the flowers, so I ended up making them big yo-yo's. I like it much better than the original.  My aunt who has a long arm quilted the quilt for me and did an awesome job! I did put a sleeve on the quilt, so I wonder where she will hang this in her home. :)

I also made my sis in-law a quilt.  She is a Beatles fan, and I've had this fabric for at least 8-10 years.  I was just waiting for the right pattern to use it in.  I don't have a picture of the back, but the backing is a very gorgeous green in Asian print.   My aunt also quilted this and added music notes in the quilting.


Here's a close up of the fabric:


I also this year made quilts for my next door neighbor's granddaughters.  This is one of them.  The oldest girl loves and I mean LOVES dinosaurs. But most fabrics out there are very boy looking.  I finally found this perfect fabric so I was able to add purples, pinks and teals to this quilt.



That's all for today!   I've been working on a lot of small projects this Christmas break and will have lots to share this coming new year! 
~Chrys

No comments:

Post a Comment